MPD Gate Driver is the only commercially available product that connects directly to specific Powerex or Mitshubishi large power modules. Modules with current and voltage levels of 1400A / 1200V and 1000A / 1700 V. Eliminates the use of wires between the module and the printed circuit board. It manages IGBTs securely and precisely, through fiber optics, which provides a very quick response to protection against module error states. It is ideal for large power inverters because of space savings, so it eases designing of complete system, both in electric vehicles powertrains and in industrial plants.
Supported Powerex and Mitsubishi high power modules are listed under characteristics.
• IGBT control (on/off) through optic fibers
• Diagnostic (fualt/desaturation state) of IGBT through optic fibers
• Gate resistor up to 0,5 Ω
• Separated resistors for IGBT switch on, switch off and for desaturation shutdown
• Two levels of galvanic separation: optical connection, gate drive IC
• Gate driver power supply via isolated DC-DC converters
• Optional power supply via external isolated DC-DC converter
Mitsubishi 1000 A/1700 V
Mitsubishi 1400 A/1200 V
Powerex 1000 A/1700 V
Powerex 1400 A/1200 V